Avid readers of real estate flipping tips are surely aware of the near-magical properties of baking soda and vinegar. When mixed, they do everything from removing stains to obliterating odors. Still, sometimes you need something a little stronger. If you’ve already mastered the art of cleaning homes with baking soda and vinegar but you need a few extra real estate flipping tips for making your property sparkle, read on:
* Ditch the mold. Is the bathroom full of mold? After you’ve checked to make sure it’s not a serious structural problem, get rid of it by spraying a solution of one part hydrogen peroxide and two parts water over the entire area. Let it sit for an hour or so before rinsing it away.
* Gross garbage disposal. If the home has a built-in garbage disposal, chances are it smells like just that: garbage. Make it fresh again by throwing a sliced lemon or orange in the sink and turning on the disposal. The citrus will deodorize and clean the disposal.
* Is your property a lemon? If not, it should be. Lemons are famous for their cleaning abilities. Use lemon juice to get rid of hard water stains, or mix some juice with water and use that to shine up household surfaces.
* Sweet-smelling fridge. If the utilities have been off for awhile or the refrigerator just plain smells gross, try soaking a cotton ball in vanilla extract and leaving it in the fridge overnight. That should freshen it up.
* Ready, set, deodorize. Flipping real estate often means dealing with foul-smelling flooring. For carpets that are really and truly disgusting, baking soda alone may not do the trick. Try mixing a cup of cornmeal, a cup of borax and 3/4 cup of baking soda. Sprinkle this over the carpet and let it sit at least overnight. When you come in to vacuum, the carpets should smell as good as new.
Flipping real estate is all about making a house look great – and saving money doing it. Reading real estate flipping tips for cleaning can be incredibly helpful. Not only will you have a gorgeous property to show off at the open house, you’ll also avoid harmful chemicals and you’ll save money by cleaning fixtures instead of replacing them. Next time you’re flipping real estate, skip the cleaning chemicals and head to the grocery store instead for fresh, natural cleaning products.
Originally posted on A Secure Investor.com